20171103

OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL RECIPES

Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipes

It's time to celebrate the classic Old Fashioned Cocktail. 

Lucky for me because I happen to love an Old Fashioned, it's actually one of my first "signature" cocktails, having been introduced to it by a very great lady back in my early college days. It became a weekly ritual with us after I finished classes on Thursdays, one week at her house, next at mine. Mrs. Smothers, my neighbor, made hers the way they were expected in those days, with lots of Maraschino cherries and several orange slices muddled together before tossing in the ice and her brandy. Though many consider this a blasphemy in this age of bespoke cocktails, I ignore the critics and will still make an Old Fashioned this way occasionally (though I skip the toxic chemical loaded "Maraschino cherries" found on your local grocery shelf and use my own Homemade Maraschino or Bourbon Cherries instead.)

Below is my animated video recipe, complete with voiceover instructions and list of ingredients for the classic Old Fashioned:
This recipe is exactly what is defines a "cocktail" making the Old Fashioned one of the first drinks to be called a cocktail.

Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe Hacks

FUN VARIATIONS
ON THE 
OLD FASHIONED
 
BOURBON OLD FASHIONED
BRANDY OLD FASHIONED
DOOMSDAY OLD FASHIONED
ELDER FASHIONED
HONEY OLD FASHIONED
PUMPKIN SPICED OLD FASHIONED
PRICKLY PEAR OLD FASHIONED
RHUBARB GINGER OLD FASHIONED
  SPICED APPLE OLD FASHIONED
STRAWBERRY JAM OLD FASHIONED
SPICY MOLE RUM OLD FASHIONED

If you've never had an Old Fashioned, now is the time to try one. June 14th is Old Fashioned Day and Old Fashioned Week is celebrated somewhere between October 2st and the end of November, depending on who you ask.


Updated 6-2021
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...