NATIONAL CANDY DAY
Celebrate with a Crafted Candy Cocktail from
The Martini Diva!
Candy: [kan-dee] noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing. noun
1.any of a variety of confections made with sugar, syrup, etc., often combined with chocolate, fruit, nuts, etc.
Today is the day we celebrate our sweet tooth and give homage to those little bits of sugar, chocolate and other goodies that we love so much.
A Few Facts about Candy:
- On the average, Americans eat 25 pounds of candy per person, per year.
- Candy is made by dissolving sugar in water but the different heating levels determine the type of candy produced.
- Commercial candies only became widely available around 130 years ago. Until then most candy was produced in the home.
- Candy accounts for only 6% of the added sugar in the American diet. Soft drinks and juice account for 46%.
- They found licorice in King Tutankhamen's tomb!
HAPPY NATIONAL CANDY DAY
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY