20160714

MORE BEER COCKTAILS


BEER [beer] /bɪər/ noun. An alcoholic beverage made by brewing and fermentation from cereals, usually malted barley, and flavored with hops.

 “Most people hate the taste of beer, to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice.” ~ Winston Churchill

Thanks to the huge craft beer movement I have finally learned to enjoy beer. Not the garden variety, watery, canned suds I grew up with, but the beautifully crafted, small batch ales, lagers and stouts that are popping up for sale on a daily basis these days. Thank you, hipsters, I can now enjoy some brewski with the rest of America, albeit a brewski that's been dressed up.

I've discovered raspberry ales, peach lagers, chocolate stouts, apple beer and cherry cola ale, among a few. I now know what IPA (India Pale Ale) and IBU (International Bitterness Units) stands for and my brain doesn't shut down when I hear "hops" or "barley". I've learned the difference between types of beers* and now hunt the beer aisles for the latest hip sixer or growler to hit the market. Who'd a thunk it?!

I can toss back a tallboy with the best of them but I have also discovered beer as a cocktail ingredient. It's a great day when that barley pop you only bought for frat parties and keggers suddenly becomes a delightfully flavorful inspiration for a new drink.

"He was a wise man who invented beer.” ~ Plato

Pass me the beer.

BEER COCKTAILS
 
BEER MARGARITAS
CERSEI'S REVENGE
CHOCOLATE PORTER BEER FLOATS 
DECADENT DUTCH COCKTAIL FLOAT
FRANKENSTEIN OF HORROR CHERRY COLA ALE
GREAT GOBLET of CHOCOLATE BUTTERBEER 
MICHELADA & RED EYE
MINT SHANDY 
PEACH MELBA BEER FLOAT
REALLY DRUNK BROWN COW Beer Float
ROMULAN ALE
The SIMPSONS DUH-OH MARTINI
SAMCRO BLOODY BOILERMAKER
SKIP & GO NAKED UPDATED
WILDLING WASSAIL
 
“Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.” ~ Thomas Jefferson


  
Updated 9-2018
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...