- Make sure your infusing jars (and storage jars if you're using them) are cleaned and sterilized.
- Unwrap the caramels and add them to your infusing jar then simply pour your chosen spirit on top.
- Let the caramels dissolve, shaking the bottles as often as possible to speed the process and keep the candy from sticking together. The infusion will take a day or two at most. It will be hard to tell if your caramels are completely dissolved because as they dissolve the liquor becomes creamy and it's hard to see, but two days is enough, especially if you're shaking the bottles often.
- The final step is to strain your liqueur into your spouted measuring cup, first through cheesecloth, then, little by little, through coffee filters.
- Pour through the funnel into your storage bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- The final product should last up to 6 months, but trust me, you won't have it around that long.
Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY