THE BLUE CRYSTAL MARGARITA
for Breaking Bad Addicts
If you're a Breaking Bad fan I don't have to explain this. If you're not, well, just enjoy this rocking good Blue Margarita with a special kick.
1-1/2 Oz. Pure Blue Agave Tequila
1/2 Oz. Mescal
1 Oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 Oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tsp. Blue Agave Syrup
Blue Crystal Ice Chunks*
1 Cup Lime Juice
Large Crystal Sugar
Neon Blue Food Coloring
- *First color the one cup of lime juice with blue food coloring, pour this into a pan to 1/2' thickness and freeze.
- Next, color about 1/4 cup each of kosher salt and larger crystal sugar with the same blue food coloring. (Add the color to the mixture in a baggie and squish around until well blended).
- Rub the rim of your glass with lime then dip in the Blue Crystal rimming mixture.
- Chill your glass in the freezer until your Blue Crystal Ice is frozen solid.
- Take the blue ice chunk and break it into some larger chunks to add to your glass, then break one piece into smaller chunks for your blue crystals to scatter around the drink.
- Pour the tequila, mescal, half ounce of lime juice (the Blue Crystal Ice chunks will provide the balance of lime juice), Blue Curacao and blue agave syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well chilled.
- Add a couple of big Blue Crystal Ice chunks to the glass, strain your margarita into your chilled glass then garnish with the orange and lime slice.
- Scatter a few of the smaller Blue Crystal chunks around the glass and enjoy while watching these last few episodes of Breaking Bad.
"You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!" ~ Walter White, Cornered Episode 2011
*This post in no way endorses, encourages or promotes the use of any illegal drug in any form.
Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY