BOURBON CHERRY PIE SMASH
PRICKLY PEAR OLD FASHIONED
- Keep the ice bucket full, but tuck the light rums, vodkas and gins off to the side of the bar and bring out your whiskies, brandies, aged rums, botanical heavy gins and anejo tequilas
- Pull out the rocks glasses, coupes and stemware and let the tall guys take a vacation
- Keep the effervescence of those tall coolers by replacing their ounces with just a splash or two
- Bring the spice to the party. Spices warm and comfort and add depth of flavor
- Take the last of your summer produce and herbs and turn them into simple syrups or shrubs. Even jams and preserves can be used in fall and winter to replace fresh fruit and sugar in your cocktails.