20130117

IT'S NATIONAL HOT BUTTERED RUM DAY! Recipe for Traditional Hot Buttered Rum

HAPPY NATIONAL HOT BUTTERED RUM DAY!

There's nothing quite as warming on a cold day as a mug of Traditional Hot Buttered Rum!  Here's both the traditional style and a few tweaks that are my own personal favorites when I need to take the chill off:

TRADITIONAL HOT BUTTERED RUM RECIPE

1 Tsp. Unsalted Butter
2 Tsp. Brown Sugar
 1/8 Tsp. Each of Allspice, Clove and Nutmeg
2 Oz. Dark Rum
4 Oz. Hot Water

Add the butter, the brown sugar and the spices to your mug then muddle them into a paste.
Pour in the rum, top off with the hot water and mix well.
Stir and serve up!

HOW DO I TWEAK THIS?

I replace the hot water with hot cider, add a pinch of sea salt and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon!
You can take this same recipe, multiply the ingredients by the number of people you want to serve (I double the number because most people will have two!) and put this all in a crock pot to keep warm for your cold weather happy hour!

Now, grab your rum, butter and spices and go warm up your soul!

GET THIS RECIPE ON PERSONALIZABLE GREETING & NOTE CARDS or POSTCARDS.



Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...