20131212

SAUCY CHRISTMAS CRANTINI COCKTAIL RECIPE

http://themartinidiva.com
SAUCY CHRISTMAS CRANTINI

 Hey, Look! I found a good use for canned cranberry sauce!!

P.S. Please don't ask me what I was doing with a can of that jellied cranberry sauce.

COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS:
2 Oz. Bombay Sapphire Gin
2-1/2 Oz. Rosemary Infused Cranberry Syrup*
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
5 - 6 Gin Soaked Dried Cranberries
1 Sprig Rosemary
Orange Slice
Optional: 1 Tablespoon of Simple Syrup
(if you prefer a sweeter, less tart cocktail)


ROSEMARY INFUSED CRANBERRY SYRUP INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Cranberry Sauce
(I used the canned, jellied kind)
1/2 Cup Water
Leaves from 2 Large Sprigs of Rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon of Orange Zest


ROSEMARY INFUSED CRANBERRY SYRUP DIRECTIONS:
Make your Rosemary Infused Cranberry Syrup* by dissolving a cup of cranberry sauce in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of water.
  Pinch the rosemary leaves between your fingers to release the oils and drop in.

Add the orange zest.
Reduce on medium until the syrup is the consistency of maple syrup.
Strain into a container and chill.


COCKTAIL DIRECTIONS:
Chill your martini glass in the freezer.
Fill your cocktail pitcher with ice cubes, add the gin, the Rosemary Infused Cranberry Syrup, orange juice and the optional simple syrup. (I went without as I like a tart cocktail.)

 Stir until well mixed and chilled then pour into your chilled glass.
Garnish with the gin soaked cranberries, rosemary sprig and orange slice.
Enjoy!





Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

1 comment:

  1. The cocktail looks very delicious. I will definitely try it at home. I must say that these days so many flavors are available that you would love to drink.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...