20141107

Bittersweet Chocolate Almond Martini

http://themartinidiva.com

I created this cocktail last year for National Bittersweet Chocolate Almond Day (also works quite nicely for National Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day), but looking at it this year I realized I left out an important element, namely the bitter part of the bittersweet. I don't know what I was thinking, as I have the perfect bitter element to balance out the sweetness, that being some lovely bitters.

I have in my bar both chocolate and coffee bitters, either of which would be a nice addition to this recipe. But finally, I went with the coffee bitters because when I cook or bake with chocolate I often add some coffee element to the recipe. Coffee really brings the chocolate flavor forward and it also goes really well with almond flavors.

Try it out, I think the new addition really adds depth and interest.

 BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE ALMOND
MARTINI

Ingredients:
1 Oz. Chocolate Vodka
1 Oz. Amaretto
1 Oz. White Creme de Cacao
2 Dashes Coffee Bitters
1/2 C. Crushed Almonds
Cocoa Powder
Sugar
Ice

Directions:
Rim glass with crushed almonds, cocoa powder and sugar mixture then chill in the freezer. Place a cup of ice into your cocktail shaker, add the Chocolate Vodka, Amaretto and Creme de Cacao and shake until chilled then pour into chilled martini glass, tap on the coffee bitters and enjoy.

National Bittersweet Chocolate Almond Day is November 7th.
National Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day is July 8th.


Updated July 2016




Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...