20150924

THYME for a LEMON CHERRY SLING Cocktail Recipe

http://themartinidiva.com
 
Getting ready to view the Super Blood Moon the other night I wanted to make a red colored drink but I didn't want a tomato cocktail.  Here in Tucson it's still hot in the evenings at this time of year so I also wanted something tall, cool and full of ice. That way I could also try out my new super large, square cocktail mold. I figured the larger the ice the slower it melts and dilutes my cocktail (and I was correct).
 
I had a little of my great cherry syrup concentrate left, just enough for a couple of drinks so I grabbed it, perused my little herb garden and went from there. What I ended up with is a great new Sling class of cocktail and I have dubbed it:
 
The
THYME for a
LEMON CHERRY SLING

INGREDIENTS:

2 Oz. London Dry Gin
3/4 Oz. Black Cherry Concentrate
3/4 Oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 Oz. Lemon Thyme Simple Syrup
(Recipe below)
8 Oz. Club Soda
Ice

GARNISH: Sprigs of Lemon Thyme and either Fresh or Maraschino or Bordeaux Cherries

TOOLS: Bar Spoon
GLASS: Collins or Tall/Long

DIRECTIONS:
Assemble your cocktail by filling your glass with ice then adding the all the ingredients except the soda, stir.
Top off with the club soda and garnish.

SOME SUBSTITUTION IDEAS: Nearly any fruit and complementary herb combination. You can also try one with various flavored sodas. I just harvested arils from two lovely pomegranates from Frieda's Produce and tonight I think I might try this idea with pomegranate syrup, lime juice and some rosemary simple syrup!
 
 RECIPE FOR LEMON THYME SIMPLE SYRUP:
To make the Lemon Thyme Simple Syrup, stir 3/4 cup of sugar, about 6 - 4 inch sprigs of lemon thyme and 3/4 cup of water together in a small sauce pan then simmer over medium-low for 5 minutes. Cool, then strain.
 



Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...