20170323

BLACK FOREST CAKETAIL, A Chocolate Cherry Bourbon Cocktail


I love revisiting my past cocktail recipes. With National Black Forest Cake Day being March 28th I thought it might be time to have a new take on my original Black Forest Cake Martini. Back in those days I was big into all the flavored vodkas, these days I'm exploring whiskies and decided it was time for a bourbon Black Forest Cake in a glass.

Think of a creamy Chocolate Manhattan or a maybe Fancy Free Cocktail but with Kirsch instead of Maraschino liqueur, creme de cacao added and the bitters changed to chocolate instead of orange. Before I added the creme de cacao it reminded me a bit of Cherry Bounce, a Colonial cocktail of cherries and sugar fermented in brandy or whiskey. Not a bad thing at all.  

Adding the creme de cacao is an even better thing.


The
BLACK FOREST
CAKETAIL

INGREDIENTS
2 Oz. Bourbon
1/4 Oz. Kirsch
3/4 Oz. Dark Creme De Cacao
2 Dashes Chocolate Bitters

Float: 1 Oz. Whipped Half & Half

Garnish: Luxardo Cherries

Tools: Cocktail shaker

Glass: Old Fashioned

DIRECTIONS
Chill glass in the freezer.
Shake ingredients with ice until chilled then strain into ice filled glass.
Top with whipped half & half.
Do not stir, it will gently settle into the cocktail by itself.
Tap a few drops of extra bitters on top.
Garnish and serve.

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...