20090109

LONG ISLAND MARTINI - Iced Tea Martini with Kick


Unlike it's namesake, Long Island Iced Tea, The Long Island Martini actually uses tea in the drink recipe.

The original Long Island Iced Tea cocktail was pretty much a tall glass filled with ice then doused with tequila, vodka, light rum, gin and triple sec with a splash of cola to make the deadly drink look like iced tea. Trust me, this was, and still is, a nasty and dangerous drink.

I make my martini adaptation with Three Olives Passionfruit Vodka and I usually add Peach Schnapps for my version but since it's a version of fruit flavored iced tea with alcohol you can really play with this recipe to suit your own tastes. I've even used flavored teas to make other versions of this - blackberry teas are especially nice with blackberry brandy and vodkas. And the ratio of booze to tea will not make you forget your name if you have one or two.

Perfect for your late afternoon tea break or whenever you need a little attitude adjustment.

Updated 4-2017
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

1 comment:

  1. Love your recipes, love your graphics and LOVE the DRINKS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...