20110426

The Big One Martini for NATIONAL EARTHQUAKE DAY


IT'S NATIONAL EARTHQUAKE DAY
Every April 26th We Acknowledge That The Earth Can Move Under Our Feet

According to the USGS (United States Geological Survey) there are several million earthquakes every year in the world and of those approximately only twenty percent will be large enough to be felt by humans and only around 100 of them will be large enough to cause damage.

Though you might not be aware of it the earth is moving underneath your feet everyday. If that's not enough to send you heading towards the martini shaker I don't know what is!

BTW, today is also National Pretzel Day - so grab a bag of pretzels to go with your Big One Earthquake-A-Tini and make sure you have your Earthquake Survival Kit packed and up to date!



Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

2 comments:

  1. Hey Martini Diva! I love your excuses to have a martini. It was nice of you to include the info about the earthquake kit. On another serious note, recently I saw an earthquake simulator. They had furniture and things that were strapped down and things that were not. After seeing it simulate the movement of an earthquake it made me realize that getting earthquake straps is a very wise and inexpensive way to protect my family and friends. There are times when the quake is just large enough to move furniture, but not large enough to need supplies. I strongly encourage everyone to think of all ways to protect your loved ones. Thanks for your blog and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle - Thank you so much. It all came about after I saw National Brandy Alexander Day somewhere on the web. I thought "hey, I have a martini for that!" so I started checking for other days I might have a martini for and off I went!!
    You'd be surprised how many and how varied these special days are - check out my PopArtDiva blog on the whole commemorative days deal: http://bit.ly/fVAr8l

    As for the Earthquake info - I couldn't poke fun at them if I didn't also take them very seriously. Straps not only protect people they keep your more expensive things a little safer too - like those humongous flat screen tvs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...