20130315

PEARS HELENE COCKTAIL for National Pears Helene Day


 March 15 is
National Pears Helene Day

Pears Helene is a classic pear and chocolate dessert created by the famous Chef Auguste Escoffier in 1864 and named in honor of the operetta La belle Hélène by Jacques Offenbach.  Basically it is a pear poached in simple syrup (sugar syrup) then served with a chocolate sauce and garnished with sugared violettes and slivered almonds.

Sadly, I had no sugared violettes or almonds but I did have a chocolate dipped pear as my garnish! Better huh?  I also sprinkled on a bit of shaved chocolate.

THE PEARS HELENE MARTINI

1-1/2 Oz. Pear Puree
1/2 Oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
1/2 Oz. Heavy Cream
1 Tsp. Simple Syrup
Chocolate Dipped Pear Slice
Shaved Chocolate.

Place the pear infused vodka, pear puree, heavy cream and the simple syrup into a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice and shake until well chilled.  Pour the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur into the bottom of the glass and gently pour the cocktail over it.  The two mixtures will swirl in the glass, do not mix.  Place the chocolate dipped pear onto the rim and sprinkle on the chocolate shavings.

Enjoy!
 


Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...