20130628

BASIL INFUSED GIN RECIPE and a Basil Cucumber Martini


I have tons of basil growing in my little potted garden. Basil loves me, I have a basil colored thumb. If I'm not careful I could be living in a basil jungle. So I am always looking for ways to use all my fresh basil.

This is one of my favorite ways!

HOMEMADE BASIL INFUSED GIN RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
2 C. London Dry Gin
1/2 C. Fresh Basil, Chopped Rough

TOOLS
Glass Infusion Jar with Tight Lid
Metal Strainer
Cheesecloth
Decorative Bottle
Labels

DIRECTIONS
  • Place the chopped basil in a glass jar and pour in the gin.
  • Seal the jar and shake.
  • Let it steep for a minimum of a week, shaking every day.
  • Once your gin has reached the amount of basil flavor you want strain out the basil.
  • Pour into your storage bottle and enjoy.
The Basil Infused Gin will keep just like regular gin but I suspect you won't have it around long enough to worry about storage.

As for the BASIL CUCUMBER MARTINI RECIPE

BTW, this martini would go great with my Caprese Bruschetta!

Good thing I have lots of growing basil, I went through this basil gin in one happy hour!

Cheers, M'dears!



Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...