20130630

IT'S NATIONAL MAI TAI DAY!


The Official Mai Tai
from the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

1 Oz Light Rum
1 Oz Dark Rum
1 Oz Orange Curacao
2 Oz Orange Juice
1/2 Oz Lime Juice
Splash of Orgeat
Splash of Simple Syrup

Pour each ingredient in order over an ice filled Old Fashioned glass, stir and garnish with a slice of pineapple and a Maraschino cherry.

To make a Pink Mai Tai simply add a dash of Grenadine!

The Mai Tai was invented by Victor Bergeron in 1944 and brought to Waikiki by The Royal Hawaiian Hotel in 1953.

HAPPY NATIONAL MAI TAI DAY!
ALOHA!


Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

1 comment:

  1. Here's a day I must celebrate. After the demise of Trader Dick's at the Sparks Nugget, I believe I'll have to mix my own favorite drinkie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...