20141030

THE HALLOWEEN VISITATION, A Cocktale Story of Horror and Vodka

The HALLOWEEN VISITATION
A Cocktale of Horror and Vodka
By The Martini Diva

Once upon a late night dreary,
as I sat most weak and weary,
to sip some Crystal Head alone
and rest my soul and ease my bones,
there came a knocking at my door.

Knock, knock, knocking at that door,
They kept on knocking evermore!
I dragged my feet across the floor,
(while under breath I softly swore.)

Upon my stoop were birds galore;
at least a gang of ten or more!
Raven black and swathed in gore,
they whispered from their spectral corps, 
"We cannot find a liquor store,
would you share your vodka pour?"

Shocked was I, and very leery,
Black birds begging booze? 'Twas eerie!
So to these specters this I said, 
"Be gone you crows, you spirits dread!
You cannot have my Crystal Head!
So do not beg, do not implore,
I share this Vodka NEVERMORE!"

They took no heed, they would not stop!
So at their heads an ax I chopped.
Feathers flew and squawks arose, 
it froze me right straight to my toes!
When at last their cries grew still,
I threw their corpses on the grill.
Some lemon juice, some herbs, fine ground;
my dinner soon began to brown.
When they were done, most nicely roasted,
With Crystal Head to them I toasted.
©2014 by TheMartiniDiva.Com

The
RAVEN'S WING COCKTAIL

Thanks to Crystal Head Vodka and  BevMo for the inspiration.

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

4 comments:

  1. Super awesome blog post! Just wanted to invite you to recipe and DIY craft Link party Thursdays-Sundays for our celebration! I'm excited to see what you'll bring. Feel free to submit 3 of your your own creations that are recipes or crafts.
    www.themccallumsshamrockpatch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Heidy! I'll check into that as soon as possible, love link parties!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming and linking up at #TheWeekendSocial. Please be sure to come back this week starting Thursday at 9PM EST on KitchenDreaming.com ! I hope to see you there! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, Always a pleasure to participate with all of the great bloggers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...