20170218

SAMOA COOKIE BOOZY SHAKE COCKTAIL


It's Girl Scout Cookie time and the whole country is eagerly awaiting their neighborhood Girl Scouts to be out and about selling those much loved boxes of cookie temptations. I confess to an addiction to the Samoa Cookie, that combination of caramel, chocolate and coconut is my downfall. I will buy - and bogart - several boxes whenever given the opportunity.

Sadly, I live out in the country and no bands of roving uniformed cookie dealers are roaming my hood looking to score a sale; about the only thing that roams out here are coyotes, javalina and the occasional mountain lion. If I want my Samoa Cookie fix, I have to get lucky and find an enterprising Girl Scout outside my local grocery store or feed my habit another way.

So far this year, no Girl Scouts or Samoa Cookies have crossed my path. Disappointed but not deterred, I have come up with an alternative way to get my Samoa high and it involves booze, chocolate ice cream and fake Samoas, aka Keebler's Coconut Dreams. On my honor, I will do my best to enjoy this boozy chocolate, coconut and caramel blizzard-y style shake. Take that you missing neighborhood Girl Scouts.


BOOZY SAMOA
COCKTAIL SHAKE

INGREDIENTS
1-1/2 Oz Smirnoff Salted Caramel Vodka
1 Oz Malibu Coconut Rum
1 Oz Milk
2 Scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
1/4 C. Crushed Samoa Style Cookies

Garnish: Rim glass with caramel syrup then dip in MORE crushed Samoa style cookies. Top with whipped cream and add more crushed cookies on top. Yes, you can also drizzle on extra chocolate and caramel syrup!

Tools: Blender

Glass: Pint or Large Mug

DIRECTIONS
Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy, top with whipped cream, garnish, add straw and serve.

How's that for a Girl Scout Cookie hack?

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...