20140821

The Simpsons DUH-OH MARTINI Cocktail Tribute



The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and, in 2009, it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American scripted primetime television series in history, and I've been a faithful fan of The Simpsons for the whole run, including the shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show.

I have loved the fun intros that changed every week, the sly and point-on political jabs, the long list of guest stars, the topical story lines and the interrelationships of the dysfunctional but loving family. I've watched as Matt Groening's imaginary characters morphed and changed along with the zeitgeist of the America, bringing insight and laughter along on the ride. For 25 years this show has made me chortle and I've barely missed an episode.

So today, for your Simpson's viewing pleasure, here is my cocktail homage to The Simpsons:

The DUH-OH MARTINI

INGREDIENTS
1-1/2 Oz. 360 Glazed Donut Vodka
1Oz. Orange Juice
1/2 Oz. Pineapple Juice
1/2 Oz. Half & Half
Splash of Duff Beer
Honey for Rim
Crushed Butterfinger Bar for Rim
Bright Blue Cotton Candy for Garnish

The 360 Glazed Donut Vodka is for Homer's donut obsession, the Duff (yes, there really IS Duff Beer!) is for Homer's beer obsession, the cotton candy is for Marge's famous hair, the juices and half & half give the cocktail that distinctive Simpson's skin color, the honey is for sweet Lisa and to help hold on the Butterfinger rim tribute to not so sweet Bart! Yes, I left out the Maggie and the Simpson pets, Santa's Little Helper and Snowball. Babies and pets don't mix with booze. Oh, come on, Bart and Lisa are well over 21 by now!! P.S., I didn't forget Grandpa, I just never liked the old curmudgeon, lol.

DIRECTIONS
Dip your glass rim in some honey and then into the crushed Butterfingers.
Chill the glass in the freezer.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the donut vodka, juices and half & half.
Shake vigorously to blend and emulsify the dairy into the drink.
Pour into your chilled glass, add the splash of Duff Beer then top with a Marge Simpson style hunk of blue cotton candy.






Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...