20160226

ANGOSTURA and OLD LACE, Movie Inspired Cocktails


(Cocktails inspired by the movies, Oscar nominees and winners.)

ARSENIC AND OLD LACE, 1944
Cary Grant, Priscilla Lane
Nominated: Not one, not a single Oscar nod, and I don't care because I still laugh at this Frank Capra movie.

Besides I got the title pun stuck in my head and it does fit my purple Oscar party theme this year.

ANGOSTURA and OLD LACE

INGREDIENTS:
2-1/2 Oz. Hpnotiq Harmonie Liqueur
1/2 Oz. Peppermint Schnapps
2 Drops Angostura Bitters
1 Drop Food Grade Lavender Oil
2 Tbsp. Pasteurized Egg White
Ice

Garnish: A few dried lavender buds

Tools: Blender, Cocktail shaker

Glass: Antique Crystal Coupe

DIRECTIONS:
Add all the ingredients except the ice to a blender and blend for one minute.
Pour this into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe, garnish with a pinch of lavender buds and serve. 

This Year's Other Bespoke Oscar Cocktails:
An Aperitif To Remember
Gone With The Gin
The Cocktail Purple




Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...