20160225

THE COCKTAIL PURPLE


(Cocktails inspired by the movies, Oscar nominees and winners.)

THE COLOR PURPLE, 1985
Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey, Danny Glover
Nominated (1986) for 11 Academy Awards including: Best Picture, Best Actress in a Leading Role, and 2 for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Music - Original Song, Best Music - Original Score, Best Makeup.

To this day I still can't believe The Color Purple didn't win one single Oscar, but I'm including it in my movie cocktail tributes this year for three reasons. First, purple is my Oscar party color theme. Second, it has one of my all time favorite movie quotes:

"I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it" ~ Shug.

My third reason? I HAD to use this pun:

THE COCKTAIL PURPLE

INGREDIENTS:
2 Oz. Hendrick's Gin
1/8 Oz St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
1 Tsp. Spiced Honey Syrup*
1/2 Tsp. B'lure Flower Extract
1 Tbsp. Pasteurized Egg White
Ice

Garnish: Fresh Mint Sprig, 5 Drops B'Lure, 2 Dashes Scrappy's Lavender Bitters

Tools: Blender, Cocktail shaker, Toothpick

Glass: Antique Crystal Coupe

DIRECTIONS:
Add all the ingredients, except the ice, to a blender and blend for one minute. (Or dry shake without ice in a cocktail shaker for 1 minute.)
Pour this into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe. 
To garnish, add 5 drops of B'Lure to the foam top, drag the toothpick through the drops to create a swirled pattern,gently lay the small mint sprig on top tap the bitters on top and serve.

* To make the Spiced Honey Syrup combine 1 teaspoon of Honey Farms Spiced Honey Creme with 1 teaspoon of hot water until blended.

This Year's Other Bespoke Oscar Cocktails:
An Aperitif To Remember
Angostura and Old Lace
Gone With The Gin





Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...