I was walking Pixel the other day and stopped to talk with my neighbor who was outside pulling weeds - or what he thought was weeds. Turns out he was yanking out a ton of mint that was growing near his front door!
I immediately informed him he was uprooting a perfectly good herbal gift from Mother Nature and told him all the wonderful things he could do with the spearmint he thought was a weed:
- Obviously you can make some wonderful mint infused martinis! Today I've posted the Mint Julep Martini, a classic southern bourbon cocktail.
- You can infuse your bourbon and other liquors with mint.
- Muddled fresh mint is a necessity in a mojito!
- You can flavor your teas or even coffee with mint.
- You can create flavored sugars (article on how will be posted tomorrow) for cooking and mixing cocktails.
- You can create flavored simple syrups for your bar.
- Fresh mint is great in salads - I love it in a strawberry salad.
- You can dry the mint and store for use later.
- Crush up some mint leaves and add to water and you can heat this to infuse your home with mint.
- You can create scented salts for your bath.
- Put a few smaller mint leaves in an ice cube tray and fill with water for some fun ice cubes.
- Perfect for a natural breath freshener!
- Sprinkle a few mint leaves in the back of your cabinets to keep out bugs!
- Planting mint around the perimeter of your home will keep the bugs out before they get to your cupboards!
Of course, I dragged all his pulled up mint home - my mother always said "Waste Not, Want Not"!
Like this GREEN MARTINI DESIGN?
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
LIKE me on Facebook