This tastes exactly like a chocolate milkshake, just a little more spirited.
Possibly because, except for the garnish and a scoop of ice cream, it's all booze?
1 Oz. Chocolate Vodka
1/2 Oz. Irish Cream
Splash of Chocolate Liqueur
1 Scoop of Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate Syrup Rim
Dark Chocolate Shavings
Rim the glass with some chocolate syrup then immediately place in the freezer. Combine the liquid ingredients in a blender and blend only until smooth, don't over blend, you don't want a thin milkshake.
Pour into your chilled cocktail glass, garnish and enjoy.
If, like me, you prefer a malt over a milkshake, feel perfectly free to add a teaspoon or so of malted milk powder.
- The first milkshake was documented in print at 1885 in a newspaper.
- In certain parts of the world a milkshake is known as a "frappe"
- McDonald's founder Ray Kroc was a milkshake machine seller.
- In 2000 Ira Freehof, made a 6000 gallon milkshake, the world’s largest milkshake according to the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The electric blender was invented, by Steven Poplawski, 1922 specifically for milkshakes.
- During the filming of the original PLANET OF THE APES, actors in the apes costumes were fed milkshakes because they couldn't eat through their ape masks but could drink through a straw.