20150207

SWEET-TART Valentine Shooter Cocktail


Back in my youth I was a big fan of SweetTart candies. I still like the combination of tart and sweet but, as an adult, I like it better in a cocktail. Those flavors were the inspiration for this fun Valentine's Day shooter.

SWEET-TART
Valentine Shot

INGREDIENTS:
1 Oz. Pomegranate Vodka
1/4 Oz. Lemon Juice
Splash of Grenadine*
Pink and White Sprinkles
Lemon Twist
 
DIRECTIONS:

Dip the rim of a cordial glass into some Grenadine then into the sprinkles. 
Add the pomegranate vodka and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until chilled. Pour into your glass, float the Grenadine and drop in the lemon twist.

*I use my own Homemade Grenadine (Pomegranate Syrup) instead of the bottled varieties because it's not loaded with chemicals or corn syrup and it actually tastes like pomegranate. Try my recipe and see if you don't agree, it's also great on ice cream and pancakes!





Follow me on Twitter as PopArtDiva
Follow me on Twitter as TheMartiniDiva
Friend me on Facebook
LIKE "TheMartiniDiva's Happy Hour" Facebook Page
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...